What is Local SEO?
Local SEO is a new term that describes a highly effective manner in which online marketing takes place. It gives companies an opportunity to promote their products and services specifically to people who may be in the area, at the exact moment, in need of a specific product or service.
Local SEO is a very effective online marketing strategy because it works with a combination of components to accurately deliver the needed search results. It identifies the user’s current location at the moment of the search to inform the user which retailer, vendor, restaurant, park or any destination is closest to their current geographical location. The user’s current position is identified in real time and is modified as the user moves around and becomes closer or further away from their desired destination.
Local SEO relies on search engines such as Google Maps, Yahoo Maps and Bing Maps, and online business directories to help patrons find companies that offer the products and services that they are currently in need of.
Local SEO relies on search engines such as Google Maps, Yahoo Maps and Bing Maps, and online business directories to help patrons find companies offering the products and services that they are currently in need of.
To keep up with the fast-moving pace of today’s lifestyle, Local SEO is used by millions of consumers every day. Because of its unique features, consumers are able to save more time in finding the nearest and most relevant business in their specific area.
Additionally, Local SEO features the Google 3 Pack, which guarantees a user to obtain the most relevant results when posting search queries. This works through calculations that are associated with GPS data and is exceptionally important if you are, for example, in need of a tire shop or a gas station. You would, of course, need to find those that are located nearby. That is where search engines are most helpful. They provide maps of your current location to make it even easier to get a bird’s-eye view of the location and find the shop you are looking for. More information about how Local SEO can be helpful to companies is provided below.
How Local SEO is Helpful
If a company wants to be found by people who are in the general area, then they should take full advantage of Local SEO and make themselves available across all relevant online platforms.
One of the reasons why Local SEO could be advantageous to a company or business is that it increases local foot traffic and decreases the competition. In fact, your competition decreases since you are now only competing with other businesses in the same geographical area. Thus, to generate more traffic and ultimately higher sales, you must give importance to improving your business’ visibility on a Google SERP (search engine results page).
Local Google search pack works by displaying them in either one or two ways on the Google platform
- The new Google Carousel – The new Google Carousel is displayed in a listing format, whereby the carousel consist of both organic and paid listings. It also has a map that is plotted with local destinations based on the Google search queries.
- Indented List – An indented list is also displayed. This form of a list makes it easier to quickly see important information, such as addresses, phone numbers or reviews about a company, a product or service.
How to Grow Your Business by Utilizing Local SEO
If this new trend is taken seriously, businesses could build customer loyalty, engage more with their customer base, and see an increase in sales.
It actually does not matter what type of business you have; if you are a business that is available to individuals in your geographical location, you could improve your Google 3 Pack presence and ultimately generate more sales. This includes industries such as the following:
- Real Estate Agents
- Real Estate Brokers and more
A local customer is not just someone who will visit your website, but someone who will speak with you directly over the phone and show up at your front door.
Like all other SEO-based strategies, Local SEO marketing strategy is also highly needed. It can be implemented by an expert SEO marketing specialists and Authority Solutions™ has the best people who could provide you with quality Local SEO services.
How SEO Can Repeatedly Attract New Clients
Local businesses have a great advantage with respect to attracting prospects, including those indicated below.
- People use the Internet to locate products and services. Approximately 64 percent of them use online search pack like Google and online directories as their primary source of finding specific products and services.
- Online Google search for local services has experienced a growth increase of 58 percent, which is more than double of the growth increase in general searches.
- Marketing for local searches is highly targeted. Businesses can trust Google search results as well as online directories to assist with the promotion of their business.
- Marketing in directories has yielded an increase in conversion rates that is higher than traditional advertising options.
- Mobile Internet usage has experienced a growth increase, as mobile apps are being used by more local customers during their walks while driving in the neighborhood or hanging out at a coffee shop.
- Local SEO is very cost-effective and yields substantial ROI.
- Only 10 percent of local proprietors is taking advantage of SEO on Google Places, making it less competitive for those companies who are already at the peak of discovering the advantages of using this trend.
- Many of the free Local SEO opportunities are still very effective and should be taken full advantage of before the price increases.
- The readership of newspapers has experienced a huge decline within the last 20 years. The decreases have dropped as low as 40 to 80 percent. That is because the majority of people have turned to the Internet for news, events, sports and other bits of information that they normally relied on the local newspaper to provide for them.
- Service providers should be both smart and strategic in regard to getting some of their most loyal customers to write customer reviews, primarily because roughly 70 percent of local consumers trusts the business reviews and relies on word of mouth.
The Local SEO trends are on the horizon but have already shown an indication of stability with plenty of data to have more room to grow. Now is the best time for businesses to take advantage of search engine optimization opportunities and allow these to provide major contributions in the growth of their business, specifically by attracting more customers from Google.
Although Local SEO is relatively new, it is still evolving and is highly capable of assisting companies with their growth efforts.
Allowing a professional Local SEO expert to assist you with mapping out an SEO strategy will drastically prove to be very beneficial for you. To get started now, please contact Authority Solutions™ for more information at (888) 997-4146 or complete the Get Started Form to schedule a free discovery session. For even more information and tips, please refer to the resources section below.
Stop Waiting – Start Ranking
Competition is fierce in virtually every industry, which is why your brand requires the services of leading SEO experts. We offer much more than simple SEO techniques – Authority Solutions™ will provide you with the SEO strategies your business needs to stay ahead of the competition. Contact us today at (888) 997-4146, and we will produce the solutions and results that only a top SEO company can deliver.Let’s Get Started!
Other Resources related to Local SEO
- • MapMaker Listing Data Optimization by Moz
- • MapMaker Company Listing Services Client Tools Results by Moz
- • MapMaker Results Listing Optimization Tools Company by Moz
- • MapMaker Data Organic Ranking Engine by Moz
- • MapMaker nDash Ranking Success Data Plugin by Moz
- • nDash Listings Tools Quality Plugin by Yoast
- • nDash Social Keywords Rankings WordPress Plugin by Yoast
- • nDash Social Rankings Success WordPress Plugin by Yoast
- • Quality Locations Tracking Industry Policy by Authority Solutions™
- • Industry Keywords Tracking Policy for Locations by Authority Solutions™