Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is complex. You can have impeccable rankings in terms of traffic and CTR today but sometimes dramatic turn of events can happen overnight.
Ranking drops can be caused by anything – from Google’s sudden algorithm change to a poorly written content. It is important that you do not panic, analyze what’s going on, and look for the causes and solutions.
In this article, we will cover some methods that can save your website ranking. Here are some simple yet effective Search Engine Optimization (SEO) guidelines that can help you recover from a drop in rankings or traffic:
- Is it a Google algorithm update?
Google often updates their algorithm without any of us knowing. The great news is that there are different SEO companies that are dedicated to tracking down these changes.
Are there any Search Engine Optimization articles that discuss the changes in Google’s algorithm during the time you noticed the changes in your ranking? You can check out these sites:
- Search Engine Land
- Search Engine Watch
Once you figured out the changes, you can now talk with your team and devise a plan to adhere to the sudden changes or hire the best SEO company to do this for you.
- Did you do any changes on the affected page?
If you changed some pages on your site, Google might consider your target keywords to be irrelevant as it used to be.
- Did you change the URL of your page?
- Do not change URLs because they serve as unique identifiers for Google. Even if your content is just the same, the new URL means a new page.
- Did you remove your target keywords from the page title, H1 or H2?
- Is the density of your target keywords in your page lower than before?
- Can Google read the contents on my page?
- Try to check for it on Google’s cache by searching for cache:www.yourdomain.com/your-page.
- Does Google have access to your site? Look for the server and crawl reports using the Google Search Console.
- Your competitors outranked you.
Your website ranking may have changed because of your competitor’s website ranking may have been stronger or weaker. You can use your ranking tool to compare the rankings of your competitor and your page. As you check their rankings, answer the following guide questions:
- Which competitors gained or fell on their ranking?
- Did your competitor gain or lose inbound links, change their page, or do any changes in their internal link structure?
The benefit of analyzing your competitor’s website can help you understand what SEO techniques will work. Analyze how your competitor’s website ranking went up, and try to use the best practices that they used. Do it better than them.
These are just a few of the reasons that may have affected your rankings. There are several factors we have not discussed yet.
Hire the Best SEO Company
If those tips fail, you can always contact the best digital marketing company that offers the most effective and up-to-date Search Engine Optimization techniques. Authority Solutions®
At Authority Solutions®, our team of SEO experts offer the highest quality services to our clients with strategic recommendations to grow their business that are tailored to meet their unique and specific needs. We have always made it clear that great SEO solutions can also be affordable SEO solutions with the SEO services we offer.
To reclaim your site’s authority, contact us, and hire the best SEO company.